TOYOTA AYGO X-CLUSIV: ALL YOU COULD WANT FOR 2016
- New top-of-the-range x-clusiv model added to the 2016 Aygo line-up
- Equipped with big car luxury features, including x-wave electrically retracting canvas roof, 15-inch alloys, rear privacy glass, climate control, leather upholstery and keyless entry with push-button start
- Electro Grey exterior paintwork with contrasting silver customisation elements, including front ‘X’, front pillar extensions, front bumper trim and rear bumper insert
- Cabin features Electro Grey trim details and gloss black centre console
- Three and five-door body styles, all with road tax-beating 1.0-litre VVT-i petrol engine. Five-speed manual or optional x-shift automated manual on five-door models
- Available to order now with on-the-road prices from £12,995
A cool new club or restaurant, a hot new travel destination, the latest fashion look – everyone wants something new and different. The Toyota Aygo has already proved a big success as a fun and super-stylish city car that gives people the chance to make a statement with a wealth of personalisation features. Now there’s a new addition to the line-up, the 2016 x-clusiv, taking its place at the top of the range.
This newcomer majors on looks and the kind of luxury features more commonly found on larger (and more expensive) models. On the outside the Electro Grey metallic paintwork strikes a winning contrast with bright silver customisation features – the style-defining front ‘X’, front pillar extensions, front bumper trim and rear bumper insert. Rear privacy glass and 15-inch machined alloy wheels with a large silver centre cap add to the x-clusiv’s visual impact.
An x-wave electrically retractable canvas roof lets the whole cabin enjoy genuine open-top driving.
The cabin is every bit as stylish, with black leather upholstery, a gloss black centre console and Electro Grey detailing on the air vent, centre cluster and gear shift surrounds.
Other features, carried forward from the previous x-clusiv model, include the x-touch multimedia system with DAB radio, rear-view camera and Bluetooth, climate control, carpet mats, and dusk-sensing headlights.
The x-clusiv can be specified in three or five-door body styles, all powered by Toyota’s characterful and fuel-frugal 1.0-litre VVT-i engine. Both the five-speed manual and x-shift automated manual versions achieve sub-100g/km CO2 emissions, which means there is no annual road tax (VED) to pay. Fuel costs are kept down, too, with official combined consumption from 67.3mpg.
Like all Aygo models, the x-clusiv is equipped with ABS with brake assist and electronic brakeforce distribution, six airbags, Hill-start Control and a tyre pressure warning system. Customers can also significantly increase their car’s safety provision by specifying the optional Toyota Safety Sense package, which includes a Pre-Collision Safety system (with Forward Collision Warning, Pre-Crash Brake Assist and Autonomous Emergency Braking) and Lane Departure Alert.
The Aygo x-clusiv is available to order now. Prices are given below. The Toyota Safety Sense option adds £375 to the on-the-road price.
|MODEL||BODY STYLE||POWERTRAIN||OTR PRICE|
|Aygo x-clusiv||3-door||1.0 VVT-i 5MT||£12,995|
|Aygo x-clusiv||5-door||1.0 VVT-i 5MT||£13,395|
|Aygo x-clusiv||5-door||1.0 VVT-i x-shift||£14,095|