TOYOTA SAFETY MAKES SENSE FOR 2017 RAV4
- Toyota Safety Sense now standard on all RAV4 models above entry-level Active grade (where it becomes an option)
- Package of active safety and driver warning systems includes Pre-Collision System, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert, Automatic High Beam and Road Sign Assist
- Business Edition, Business Edition Plus, Icon and Excel models all now equipped with Toyota Touch with Go multimedia and navigation system, front and rear parking sensors and ambient footwell lighting
- Premium Pack option for Excel models, including foot sensor-operated power rear door, sun roof, blind spot monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Range extended to include 2.0-litre D-4D front wheel drive powertrain with Business Edition Plus equipment specification
- New Silver Blade and Phantom Blue colours, available with “full body” paint option
- 2017 RAV4 on sale now
Toyota is putting safety first among the changes for the 2017 version of its RAV4 compact SUV, making Toyota Safety Sense standard on all versions of the compact SUV, excepting only the entry level Active model, where it is now offered as an option (price £1,060).
This equips RAV4 with functions that reduce the risk of a collision and warn the driver of hazards: a Pre-Collision System with autonomous emergency braking; Adaptive Cruise Control; Lane Departure Alert; Automatic High Beam operation; and Road Sign Assist.
Together these provide a significantly higher level of protection, reflected in insurance ratings that are up to six groups lower than for previous RAV4 models without Toyota Safety Sense, thus helping reduce ownership costs.
The popularity of the Toyota Touch 2 with Go multimedia and navigation package has led to it being made a standard feature of all RAV4 models, bar the Active version, including three years’ free map updates. Range-topping Excel models benefit from more sophisticated navigation functions, including voice recognition and 3D maps.
Business Edition, Business Edition Plus and Icon models further gain front and rear parking sensors and ambient footwell lighting (the latter also added to Excel specification).
For Excel grade there is a new black rooflining (changed to grey when a sunroof is specified) and a memory function for power adjustment of the driver’s seat.
RAV4 Excel customers can raise the specification of the car even higher with a new Premium Pack. This introduces hands-free power tailgate operation with a “kick” sensor beneath the rear bumper, making it simple to access the loadspace when carrying bags or large items. The pack also provides a blind spot monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, plus a sun roof.
The revised RAV4 range provides extra choice with the 2.0-litre D-4D front-wheel drive powertrain being made available in Business Edition Plus trim.
New colour options
The 2017 RAV4 can be specified in two new exterior colours, Silver Blade and Phantom Blue. In addition, these shades are available in a “full body” finish for Icon and Excel grade. This includes body-coloured bumpers and wheel arches and contrasting front and rear under-runs – black with Silver Blade and silver for Phantom Blue.
Range and pricing
|Active FWD||2.0 D-4D 6MT||£23,755|
|Business Edition FWD||2.0 D-4D 6MT||£26,280|
|Business Edition Plus FWD||2.0 D-4D 6MT||£26,980|
|Business Edition Plus FWD||2.5 VVT-i Hybrid e-CVT||£28,080|
|Icon FWD||2.0 D-4D 6MT||£29,150|
|Icon FWD||2.0 Valvematic CVT||£30,450|
|Icon AWD||2.5 VVT-i Hybrid e-CVT||£32,275|
|Excel FWD||2.0 D-4D 6MT||£29,850|
|Excel FWD||2.0 Valvematic CVT||£31,150|
|Excel AWD||2.5 VVT-i Hybrid e-CVT||£32,975|
Option prices are £1,060 for Toyota Safety Sense on RAV4 Active; £1,195 for the Premium Pack on Excel; and £1,090 for the full body metallic paint finish.