NEW AYGO X-PRESS AND X-STYLE SET THE SCENE FOR ’17
- Toyota launches the New Year with two new Aygo models – x-press and x-style
- Both take advantage Aygo’s extensive customisation options to create individual looks
- Aygo x-press sports bright red front bumper and rear diffuser accents, side sills and roof decal, plus a black or silver front X and rear privacy glass
- Aygo x-style comes with contrasting grey or silver front X, A-pillar extensions and rear diffuser
- Both newcomers feature 15-inch, gloss black or machined face 10-spoke alloys, dusk-sensing headlights, automatic air conditioning, body-coloured door mirrors, exterior door handles and instrument panel, plus black cabin trim details
- Official start of sales from 3 January
- Prices £11,935 for manual versions, £12,635 with x-shift automatic
- Also available with Toyota Safety Sense package of active features
Never a car to be found sporting last season’s look, the Toyota Aygo is undergoing another transformation for the New Year with two additions to its line-up. Demonstrating yet again the myriad possibilities offered by its wealth of customisable features. The new x-press and x-style hit the street with new combinations of colours and finishes, plus some top quality kit features.
Red is the stand-out shade for the new Aygo x-press, featured in eye-catching accents below the front bumper and rear diffuser, the side sills and a full roof decal. There are four body colours to choose from: Silver Splash, White Flash, Electro Grey and Bold Black, matched with a black front X (or silver with the black paint finish).
Rear privacy glass and multispoke, gloss black 15-inch alloys (machined face finish with Bold Black paint) ramp up the style factor. Doorhandles and door mirror casings are finished in the body colour.
In the cabin the instrument panel matches the body colour, with black surrounds for the air vents and gear shift and a black centre console. There is an automatic air conditioning system with a neat digital display and the three-spoke steering wheel is fitted with additional controls for the audio and mobile phone operation. Aygo’s x-touch multimedia system and dusk-sensing headlights are also part of the standard x-press package.
The new Aygo x-style takes a more sleek and sophisticated approach, adopting the features of the OUT-stand accessory pack – grey front X, front pillar extensions and rear diffuser. Pick Electro Grey for the body colour and the same custom elements are fitted, but in silver.
Like the x-press, the 15-inch alloys come in gloss black (with Red Pop, White Flash or Bold Black paintwork) or machined face finish (Electro Grey, Deep Blue Buzz and Silver Splash). Rear privacy glass, body colour doorhandles and door mirror casings are all included as well.
The x-style takes the same interior theme as x-press, with a matching body-colour instrument panel and black trim details. Automatic air-conditioning, x-touch and dusk-sensing headlights are also featured.
Other standard features shared by both models include a reversing camera, front fog lamps, Bluetooth, heated door mirrors with power adjustment, DAB tuner, leather steering wheel trim, electric front windows, Hill-start Assist Control, height-adjustable driver’s seat and LED daytime running lights.
The new models can also be specified with a Toyota Safety Sense package of active safety features, including a Pre-Collision System, Autonomous Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Alert. This extra protection adds an extra £375 to the on-the-road price tag.
Power and prices
Like all Aygo models, the newcomers are powered by Toyota’s 69bhp three-cylinder 1.0-litre VVT-i petrol engine, with a choice of five-speed manual or x-shift automatic transmission. All versions keep a firm lid on running costs with sub-100g/km CO2 emissions, official fuel economy from 68.9mpg and single-figure insurance group ratings.
The x-press and x-style are exclusively five-door models, priced alike at £11,935 with manual transmission and £12,635 with x-shift. Like all new Toyotas, they come with a five-year/100,000-mile new vehicle warranty.