THE NEW SEASON’S MUST-HAVE LIFESTYLE ACCESSORY
MR2 ROADSTER REVS UP FOR SPRING
1.8-litre VVT-i engine, 138bhp, 0-62mph in 7.9 seconds and a top speed of 130mph – Toyota’s two-seater sports car does so much more than get you from A to B. And with prices reduced by £850, starting at £17,130 on the road, the MR2 Roadster for 2002 is now better value than ever before.
Offering a very high level of standard equipment – power steering, electric windows, remote central locking, Sony radio/cassette/CD player with four speakers, alloy wheels, alarm/immobiliser, twin front airbags and ABS – MR2 Roadster outperforms the competition in terms of what you get for your money. Why settle for less?
MORE WEIGHT IN YOUR WALLET
Prices for 2002 now range from £17,130 on the road up to £18,630 on the road for the Sequential Manual Transmission, including leather seats and door inserts, a £500 option on the standard MR2 Roadster.
MR2 Roadster Price List for 2002 – Retail – On the Road*
- MR2 Roadster – N/A – £17,130
- MR2 Roadster SMT – N/A – £18,630
- Leather upholstery (standard on SMT) – £500 – N/A
- Air conditioning – £900 – N/A
- Hard top & air conditioning – £2,400 – N/A
- Exterior body kit – £750 – N/A
- Metallic paint – £275 – N/A
*On the road pricing includes delivery (£475), number plate allowance (£25), 12 month’s Vehicle Excise Duty (£140) and First Registration Fee (£25).
Keep your ‘cool’ with optional equipment including air conditioning at £900 and Exterior Body Kit at £750 with front and side skirts as well as rear bumper extensions to boost the MR2 Roadster’s already strong road presence.
MR2 Roadster boasts two key looks, hard top or soft top, perfect for the changeable British weather. Detachable hard top, creating a striking coupe look, is available as a factory option that includes air conditioning for £2,400. The interior is sporty yet comfortable with sports style seats, leather trimmed three-spoke steering wheel, and aluminium pedals.
MR2 ROADSTER AT A GLANCE
- Striking looks and sparkling performance
- Mid-engined and rear-wheel drive
- Low weight delivers exciting performance, low fuel consumption, agile handling and stable road holding
- Five-speed Sequential Manual Transmission (SMT) available as an option
- Driver and passenger airbags and ABS are standard equipment
- Insurance group 13E
- 20,000 mile/24 month service intervals with 10,000 mile/12 month ‘health check’
- Three-year/60,000 mile warranty, three-year paint warranty and six-year anti-perforation bodywork