TR-IFFIC QUALITY AND VALUE: THE NEW TOYOTA AVENSIS TR
- New TR feature model for Avensis range
- High specification and customer value
- Key features include full map colour satellite navigation, dual-zone air conditioning and automatic headlights and wipers
- Available with 1.8 VVT-i petrol and 2.0 D-4D 130 and 2.2 D-4D 150 diesel engines
- On-the-road prices from £17,495 for 1.8 VVT-i TR saloon and hatchback
- Prices £400 greater than Avensis T 3-x, but with added specification worth more than £1,000
- On sale now
The strong market performance of Avensis, Toyota’s European flagship model, gains added impetus this spring with the arrival of a new feature model, the Avensis TR. It offers high specification and high value for customers with its extensive list of premium features.
The new TR is equipped with the latest Toyota full-map colour satellite navigation system, with a 6.5-inch touch screen, 32,000-colour display, 3D representation of major landmarks and precise lane guidance through motorway junctions and city centre intersections.
Comfort and safety are enhanced with dual-zone climate control air conditioning, dusk-sensing headlamps, rain-sensing wipers and an auto-dipping electrochromatic rear view mirror. Alloy wheels (16-inch on petrol models, 17-inch on diesels), front fog lamps, front and rear electric windows and a leather trim for the steering wheel are also provided as standard. Diesel-powered versions further include cruise control.
On-the-road TR prices are £400 greater than for equivalent Avensis T 3-x models, but with a specification that represents more than £1,000 added value for customers.
Saloon, hatchback and Tourer TR models are available, powered by a choice of 1.8-litre VVT-i petrol or 2.0-litre D-4D 130 and 2.2-litre D-4D 150 diesel engines. Automatic transmission is available as an option on 1.8 VVT-i saloon and hatchback versions.
The full Avensis colour range is offered, too, including the recently-introduced Venetian Silver metallic option. All versions are built in Britain, at Toyota’s global Avensis production centre at Burnaston, near Derby, and sales start on 1 June.
Toyota Avensis TR prices
MODEL – OTR PRICE
- 1.8 VVT-i Saloon – £17,495
- 1.8 VVT-i Saloon automatic – £18,495
- 1.8 VVT-i Hatchback – £17,495
- 1.8 VVT-i Hatchback automatic – £18,495
- 1.8 VVT-i Tourer – £18,495
- 2.0 D-4D 130 Saloon – £18,145
- 2.0 D-4D 130 Hatchback – £18,145
- 2.0 D-4D 130 Tourer – £19,145
- 2.2 D-4D 150 Saloon – £18,645
- 2.2 D-4D 150 Hatchback – £18,645
- 2.2 D-4D 150 Tourer – £19,645