TOYOTA RINGS IN THE NEW YEAR WITH RAV4 XT-R AND YARIS TR
- High specification and high value from new RAV4 XT-R and Yaris TR
- RAV4 XT-R key standard features include
- Cruise control
- Rear parking sensors
- New-design 17-inch alloys
- Rear privacy glass
- 2.0 VVT-i petrol and 2.2 D-4D 140 engines
- Prices from £19,995, on sale from 1 January
- Yaris TR strong value proposition, offering £1,050 customer value compared to regular T3 model
- Features include 15-inch alloys and chrome boot trim
- New models led by the Yaris 1.3 VVT-i TR three-door, priced £9,895, on sale from January
New RAV4 and Yaris models are lined up for 2008, ensuring Toyota customers can enjoy some true New Year bargains. With high equipment specifications, competitive on-the-road prices and the benefit of Toyota’s hallmark quality, durability and driving pleasure, they are perfectly positioned and priced to succeed.
The new RAV4 XT-R is set to become the most popular version of Europe’s best-selling SUV, offering customers an upgraded specification that covers all bases in terms of style, comfort and convenience.
Even though it goes beyond the equipment level provided in the XT4 model, the XT-R costs the customer less: taking the full specification into the equation, the total added value is worth £1,565.
On the outside the XT-R is distinguished by its dark-tinted rear privacy glass, new-design six-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels, chrome-finished grille, front under-bumper protection plate and bespoke XT-R badging. In place of a spare wheel there is an easy-to-use tyre repair kit. Deleting the rear-mounted spare means the XT-R gains a wide-opening tailgate.
Tyrol Silver metallic, Carbon Quartz metallic, Dark Blue metallic and Astral Black paint finishes are available, with no extra charge for metallic shades.
The XT-R has a dedicated interior trim finish and is equipped with Bluetooth for hands-free phone operation, with steering wheel-mounted controls. Rear parking sensors complete the added features list, with leather upholstery available as an option.
Apart from the leather upholstery, the XT-R matches the XT4 specification with dual-zone climate control, front fog lamps, heated retractable door mirrors, six-speaker audio system with six-CD autochanger, and sunroof. Manual versions come with Hill-start Assist Control and automatic with Downhill Assist Control, while all versions benefit from Toyota’s Integrated Active Drive system. Passive safety features include a full suite of nine airbags, including a driver’s knee airbag.
The RAV4 XT-R is available with both 2.0 VVT-i petrol and 2.2 D-4D 140 diesel power. A five-speed manual gearbox is standard on the petrol version, with the option of a four-speed automatic transmission; the D-4D is equipped with a six-speed manual gearbox.
RAV4 XT- R prices
MODEL – OTR PRICE
- XT-R 2.0-litre VVT- i manual – £19,995
- XT-R 2.0-litre VVT- i automatic – £21,095
- XT-R 2.2-litre D-4D manual – £21,245
The new Yaris TR adds a new customer-friendly dimension to the Yaris range, with prices starting at £9,895. Based on the current T3 model, it rides on 15-inch Savara alloy wheels and has a smart chrome boot trim.
Standard features include nine airbags (including driver’s knee airbag), a six-speaker audio system with digital music file playback and steering wheel-mounted controls, air conditioning, colour-keyed door handles and mirrors and leather steering wheel and gear knob trim. Price matched against the specification of the T3 model, it delivers customer value of £1,050 and an all-round saving of £750.
Three and five-door versions will go on sale in January. The popular 1.3-litre VVT-i petrol and 1.4 D-4D 90 diesel engines will account for the great majority of sales. Both will be available with the option of MultiMode (M/M) clutchless manual transmission.
Yaris TR prices
MODEL – OTR PRICE
- 1.3 VVT-i three-door – £9,895
- 1.3 VVT-i three-door (M/M) – £10,395
- 1.3 VVT-i five-door – £10,395
- 1.3 VVT-i five-door (M/M) – £10,895
- 1.4 D-4D 90 three-door – £10,895
- 1.4 D-4D 90 three-door (M/M) – £11,395
- 1.4 D-4D 90 five-door – £11,395
- 1.4 D-4D 90 five-door (M/M) – £11,895