MORE STYLE, MORE MUSCLE: TOYOTA’S NEW HILUX INVINCIBLE 200
- The Toyota that conquered the pole becomes Britain’s most powerful production pick-up
- Hilux Invincible 200 equipped with Toyota Motor Sport engine performance kit – maximum power raised to 194bhp (197 DIN hp), torque to 430Nm
- Two-tone leather upholstery and heated front seats
- Stainless steel mesh grille and black metallic paint finish
- Limited to 500 examples
- Choice of five-speed manual and four-speed automatic transmissions
- On sale from 1 July, price from £21,540 (commercial vehicle on the road)
A YEAR ago Hilux was on top of the world, the first car to be driven through the Arctic wastes to the Magnetic North Pole. Now it is top of the pile again with a new range-topping model that is Britain’s most powerful production pick-up.
The Hilux Invincible 200 Double Cab is equipped with a Toyota Motor Sport diesel engine performance kit that transforms the performance of the 3.0-litre D-4D engine. Power is increased from 169 to 194bhp (171 to 197 DIN hp) and maximum torque rises from 343 to 430Nm, generated all the way from 1,600 to 3,200rpm, making the Invincible 200 more powerful than any of its market rivals. What’s more, the hike in output brings no penalty in fuel consumption or emissions compared to the standard Invincible.
The new Hilux flagship enjoys a superior specification, too, with exclusive two-tone leather upholstery, heated front seats, steel mesh front grille and black metallic paint finish. These are in addition to regular Invincible features, including darkened rear privacy glass, full-map touch screen satellite navigation, scuff plates and metallic finish alloy wheels.
Just 500 examples will be available, on sale from 1 July. The commercial vehicle on-the-road price is £21,540 for the manual version and £22,640 for the automatic, which additionally features cruise control as standard.
Hilux Invincible 200 Double Cab technical highlights
3.0-litre D-4D 170
|Bore x stroke (mm)||
96.0 x 103.0
48 cetane diesel
|Fuel injection system||
Direct injection common rail
|Max. power (bhp/DIN hp @ rpm)||
194/197 @ 3,200
|Max. torque (Nm @ rpm)||
430 @ 1,600 – 3,200
|FUEL CONSUMPTION & EMISSIONS||
|Fuel consumption – combined cycle (mpg)||
|Carbon dioxide emissions (g/km)||