THE ALL-NEW TOYOTA LAND CRUISER
- All-new vehicle, replacing Land Cruiser Colorado
- On sale in the UK from 2 January 2003
- New model set to double previous Colorado sales in UK
- Builds on Land Cruiser heritage of more than 50 years
- Engineered without compromise for superb off and on-road performance
- Launched with Toyota’s latest generation 161bhp 3.0-litre D-4D common rail turbo diesel, making it one of the most powerful cars in its class
- All-new 4.0-litre petrol VVT-i V6 engine available from March 2003
- Three and five-door body styles with ‘wide body’ styling treatment on selected models
- Available with either rear door mounted spare wheel or underbody mounted spare on top two grades
- Four distinct trim levels: LC2,LC3, LC4 and LC5
- On-the-road prices from £23,995 to £36,795
- Strong focus on technology to deliver refinement and performance both on and off road
- Downhill Assist Control (DAC) for secure off-road descents
- World first application of electronic Hill-start Assist Control (HAC), improving off-road safety and performance
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Active Traction Control (A-TRC) standard on LC4 and LC5
- New generation TEMS (Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension) four-mode semi-active automatic suspension for optimum ride comfort and handling (standard on LC5)
- Height adjustable rear air suspension standard with TEMS
- ABS, EBD and Brake Assist standard on all models
- CD-Rom-based satellite navigation with turn-by-turn feature standard on LC4 models – optional on LC2 and LC3 models
- DVD-based touch-screen satellite navigation system standard on LC5 models
- Choice of five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission with low ratio transfer box
- Robust body-on-frame construction to withstand extreme off-road conditions
- Five-door accommodates up to eight in three rows of forward-facing seats
- More spacious interior with increased head, shoulder and legroom
- Advanced insulation and noise suppression features to achieve class-leading NVH levels
- All seats equipped with three-point seatbelts and adjustable headrests
- Eight airbags as standard
- Dual stage ‘smart’ front airbags with driver’s seat location sensor
The launch of the new Toyota Land Cruiser is a landmark in the history of one of Toyota’s most enduring models. For more than 50 years the Land Cruiser has embodied Toyota’s core values, establishing a heritage of strength, reliability and rugged performance. In creating a new Land Cruiser for the 21st century, Toyota has not sacrificed these attributes but reinforced them with new levels of refinement, comfort, safety and on-road performance to create a vehicle that competes strongly on all fronts at the heart of the global SUV market.
Replacing the Land Cruiser Colorado, the new Land Cruiser will be offered with a choice of two engines: a new 4.0-litre VVT-i V6 petrol unit and Toyota’s latest generation 3.0-litre D-4D common rail turbo diesel. The turbo diesel will be available from launch on 2 January, with the V6 following from March next year.
Available in three and five-door body styles, with the ‘wide body’ styling treatment on selected models and four distinct trim levels – LC2, LC3, LC4 and LC5 – the new Land Cruiser offers a wider market appeal than ever before.
On-the-road prices will start at £23,995 for the LC2 three-door diesel with manual gearbox. Pricing and equipment levels will give the new Land Cruiser a key competitive advantage in the core UK SUV market.
All new Land Cruisers will come with a three-year / 60,000-mile warranty and three-year paint and 12-year anti-perforation warranties, in line with all other new Toyota models.