TOYOTA SCORES DOUBLE TOP WITH NEW YARIS T SPIRIT AND SR
Special 2011 launch prices offer exceptional value, complimentary upgrades
- Toyota adds new T Spirit and SR models to Yaris range for 2011
- T Spirit package includes satellite navigation with Bluetooth and USB port, eight-spoke alloys, climate control and rear parking sensors
- SR adopts sporty profile with Toyota Motorsport 16-inch alloys, roof spoiler, extra chrome detailing and rear privacy glass, plus sat-nav and climate control
- T Spirit special 2011 launch prices from £11,695 – effectively a complimentary upgrade from the TR grade
- SR special 2011 launch prices from £13,215, modest £750 price premium on TR grade
- On sale from January 2011
Moving into a new year, Yaris welcomes two new top-of-the range models to its UK line-up, giving customers the option of a version that’s a touch more luxurious, or one that has a bigger dose of sports styling. Both newcomers are based on the top-selling TR trim and go on sale in January with special launch prices.
An integrated, detachable TomTom satellite navigation system with touch-screen operation tops the check list of equipment features on the new Yaris T Spirit, which brings with it Bluetooth connectivity and a USB port for linking in iPods and other digital music players. In addition to the regular TR specification, the trim includes eight-spoke alloys, climate control, rear parking sensors and chrome surrounds for the front foglights.
Thanks to special 2011 launch prices from £11,695, all these extras are complimentary, resulting in a no cost upgrade from TR to the T Spirit grade.
Yaris T Spirit is available in three and five-door bodystyles with the full engine range: 1.0 and 1.33-litre VVT-i petrol and 1.4 D-4D diesel engines. The latter two units are offered with a choice of six-speed manual or Multimode transmission.
Toyota Motorsport 16-inch alloys, rear privacy glass, a rear roof spoiler and chrome exhaust finisher mark the new Yaris SR down as a sportier proposition. That’s not the complete story, though, as the spec’ also includes the satellite navigation package, Bluetooth, USB port and climate control featured on its T Spirit sister model – plus a chrome and leather sports gearshift and chrome front foglight surrounds. Compared like-for-like with Yaris TR, the price premium is a modest £750.
There’s a single engine choice – the 1.33 VVT-I petrol unit, with manual or (on the five-door model) Multimode transmission. Colour choices are Cirrus White, Chilli Red and Crystal Silver.
Sales and pricing
The new Yaris T Spirit and SR models go on sale in January. All are protected by Toyota’s five-year/100,000-mile new vehicle warranty. Options include metallic paint, Vehicle Stability Control with Traction Control and rear disc brakes and the Yaris Protection Pack.