AURIS ADDS A NEW EDITION FOR 2011
New grade structure, equipment features and colours across the range
- Extra equipment across the board for 2011 Toyota Auris
- New entry-level Auris Edition, with 16-inch alloys and electric heated/retracting door mirrors as standard
- Extra equipment but same on-the-road prices for Edition as previous T2 models
- Bluetooth with voice control now standard on TR and SR grade, with cruise control additionally provided on 1.6 Valvematic versions
- New range on sale from 1 May, on-the-road prices from £15,225
A new entry level model leads Toyota’s changes to its Auris range for the 2011 model year, delivering extra equipment but at no extra cost to the customer.
The three and five-door Auris Edition replace the previous T2, available at the same on-the-road prices but with a significantly improved specification. TR and SR grades have also been revised to offer customers additional premium features as standard. New exterior colours have been introduced, together with new-look interior trim details.
The “entry point” to the Auris range is a stronger proposition than ever before with the introduction of the new Edition grade for 2011. Going beyond the specification established in the previous T2 model, it provides as standard 16-inch alloy wheels, heated, retractable door mirrors that are colour-matched to the car’s bodywork and similarly colour-keyed doorhandles.
These elements are in addition to established features such as air conditioning and a four-speaker sound system with USB port. Island Blue is a new metallic paint option for Edition models, and owners can also specific Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Traction Control (TRC) and a Protection Pack for the five-door version (floor mats, mudflaps, boot liner and scuff plates).
The three and five-door Edition models are powered by the Toyota Optimal Drive 1.33-litre VVT-i petrol engine, with Stop & Start and six-speed manual transmission. This delivers official 48.7mpg combined cycle fuel consumption and 135g/km CO2 emissions.
Auris TR, the core model in the range, is newly equipped with rear parking sensors, Bluetooth with voice control and – on the 1.6 Valvematic – cruise control. A new, sporty interior trim has been introduced in dark grey with silver detailing, and analogue meters now feature in the 1.4 D-4D and 1.6 Valvematic versions, adding to the sportier feel.
On the outside, there are new-design five-spoke 16-inch alloys and a new metallic colour choice – Deep Titanium.
Elsewhere the TR retains its core equipment features, including climate control, six-speaker audio with USB, electric windows and front fog lamps.
Auris SR, offered exclusively as a five-door with the 1.6 Valvematic engine and six-speed manual transmission, also adopts cruise control and Bluetooth as standard for 2011, plus the new Deep Titanium metallic paint option.
These add to a specification that includes 17-inch alloy wheels, a rear spoiler, dark-tinted rear privacy glass and darkened headlamp lenses.
2011 Toyota Auris prices
The 2011 Toyota Auris range is on sale from 1 May. The range and on-the-road prices are detailed below.
MODEL – OTR PRICE
- Edition 1.33 VVT-i 6MT 3dr – £15,225
- Edition 1.33 VVT-i 6MT 5dr – £15,730
- TR 1.33 VVT-i 6MT 3dr – £16,055
- TR 1.33 VVT-i 6MT 5dr – £16,560
- TR 1.4 D-4D 6MT 5dr – £18,025
- TR 1.4 D-4D M/M 5dr – £18,580
- TR 1.6 Valvematic 6MT 5dr – £16,935
- TR 1.6 Valvematic M/M 5dr – £17,775
- SR 1.6 Valvematic 6MT – £17,435