TOYOTA READY FOR BUSINESS AT THE 2005 CV SHOW
Toyota is planning a comprehensive display of commercial vehicles at this year’s show which includes five Hilux, four Hiace and four Dyna models of which certain models will be fitted with Toyota approved accessories.
There are plans to show the new Toyota Dyna three-way factory build tipper body, on display for the first time. This will be available from March 2005 on the 350 MWB (medium wheelbase) with a SWB (short wheelbase) version following later in the year. With aluminium drop sides all round, a reduced customer delivery waiting time and excellent interior space Dyna is proving a versatile choice for 2005. Also on display to highlight the flexibility of a Toyota Dyna will be a “Jiffy Banquet” (mobile catering truck) converted to dispense sandwiches and snacks.
With five derivatives of Toyota Hilux on show, this rugged and dependable pick up remains a strong choice among customers. The line-up starts with the 240 4×2 EX grade at £10,465 (excluding VAT and OTR costs) through to the Invincible at £17,995.00. All Hilux models have twin airbags and ABS fitted as standard. There is also the option to increase the power of the 4×4 version to 128bhp (from 102bhp) with a factory approved chip.
The Toyota Hiace, already a proven reliable workhorse among many fleet and private businesses, will be on show. With two power outputs (88 and 102 bhp), standard and long wheelbase versions and three different grades there is plenty of choice to meet individual business needs. Again Hiace has ABS and driver’s airbag fitted as standard across the range. As an optional extra the Toyota Navigation system can be fitted for greater versatility.
The complete list of vehicles on display is as follows:
- Toyota Hilux 240 EX Single Cab 4×2
- Toyota Hilux 250 EX Single Cab 4×4
- Toyota Hilux 280 EX Double Cab 4×4
- Toyota Hilux 280 VX Double Cab 4×4
- Toyota Hilux Invincible
- Toyota Hiace 280 (1RD 88bhp)
- Toyota Hiace 280 GS (2RD 88bhp)
- Toyota Hiace 300 GS (1RD 102bhp)
- Toyota Hiace 300 GS-Xtra (2RD 102bhp)
- Toyota Dyna 300 Alloy Dropside (factory build)
- Toyota Dyna 300 Tipper (Source TBC)
- Toyota Dyna 350 MWB Tipper (factory build)
- Toyota Dyna 350 LWB Box Van with tail lift and aerofoil