- Toyota introduces new factory-fitted three-way tipper body for Dyna
- Telescopic ram lift allows excellent 50-degree rear tip and 45-degree side tip angles
- Aluminium drop sides all-round
- Reduced customer delivery waiting time
- Available on 350 MWB (medium wheelbase) model from March 2005, 300 SWB (short wheelbase) version to follow later in the year
- 350 MWB tipper basic price from £16,995
- Dyna 350 MWB powered by modern 102bhp 2.5-litre common rail turbo diesel engine
- Excellent interior space for crew accommodation and storage
- High specification with standard ABS, driver’s airbag, remote central locking, alarm and cab tilt security
- Tight turning radii of 4.5m for 300 SWB and 4.9m for 350 MWB give great manoeuvrability
The strength in depth of the Toyota Dyna range is being increased with the introduction of a new factory supplied and fitted three-way tipper body. The high quality body offers excellent functionality and versatility with alloy dropsides and a telescopic ram, permitting an excellent 50-degree rear tip angle and 45-degree side tip angle.
As the new body is factory-fitted, production is streamlined and customer delivery times are reduced. The completed vehicle will be held in stock in the UK allowing accurate delivery dates for customers.
The tipper unit is manufactured by Scatollini and installed at Toyota’s commercial vehicle production centre in Portugal, where all Dyna models for the European market are built.
The tipper body will be available from March this year on the medium wheelbase Dyna 350 MWB, followed by the short wheelbase 300 SWB later in the year. Basic price (not including VAT, metallic paint and on-the-road costs) for the 350 MWB version is £16,995. Specialist tipper requirements will still be catered for with installation by Toyota’s approved tipper converter, Fleet Tip (Hydromech). Other conversions, such as for box vans, transporters and other specialist builds will continue to be undertaken by Chelmer Truck Bodies Ltd.
The Dyna is a strong performer on all fronts with its practical and versatile cab-forward design, state-of-the-art common rail diesel engines and useful range of wheelbase and gross vehicle weight options.
The Dyna 300 and 350 are powered by Toyota’s 2.5-litre D-4D engine with outputs of 88 and 102bhp respectively. As well as offering excellent torque performance, the engine is fuel frugal, returning superior consumption figures in independent media group tests. Running costs are also pegged by extended service intervals with a standard oil maintenance and “health check” every 10,000 miles and major service every 20,000 miles.
The short wheelbase 300 SWB has a gross vehicle weight of 3,000kg and the medium wheelbase 350 MWB has a GVW of 3,500kg. This load carrying capability is not at the expense of manoeuvrability: the SWB version has an exceptionally tight 4.5m turning radius, while the figure for the MWB model is 4.9m.
Specification for safety, security and convenience is also strong. All Dyna models are equipped with remote central locking, immobiliser, ABS and driver’s airbag and there is a built in security system for the cab tilt mechanism. The cab design makes the most of the interior space, both for comfortable passenger accommodation, easy access and plenty of useful storage points.