New SR model and improved specifications for Toyota’s star MPV
- New Verso SR with rear privacy glass, roof spoiler, rear parking sensors and 16-inch alloy wheels
- Refreshed styling with new front-end treatment and revised front and rear lights
- Dual-zone climate control standard on T3 models
- New full-map satellite navigation and Bluetooth connectivity option for T Spirit and T180
- On sale in the UK now
A nip and tuck have given the Toyota Verso compact MPV a fresh look this summer, with the introduction of a bolder front bumper and new front grille that link the model more closely to the family styling of the Yaris and Auris models. Detail changes have also been made to the headlights and rear lamp clusters.
The styling changes go hand-in-hand with the launch of a new SR model and revised equipment specifications across the range that provide customers with even more for their money. The changes further strengthen the market position of the Verso, which was ranked number one among compact MPVs in the 2007 J.D. Power and Associates UK customer satisfaction survey.
New Verso SR
The SR cuts a dash in the Verso range with its rear privacy glass, discreet rear roof spoiler and 16-inch Vortex-design alloy wheels. These features, plus rear parking sensors are all in addition to the regular T3 grade specification, which newly (see below) includes dual-zone climate control, plus Toyota’s Easy Flat one-touch folding system for the five rear seats, cruise control, electrically adjustable heated door mirrors, trip computer, driver and front passenger arm rests and front fog lights.
The Verso has the top five-star rating for adult occupant protection in Euro NCAP crash testing. The SR is equipped with driver and front passenger front and side airbags, curtain airbags and a driver’s knee airbag. Secure braking and handling performance are supported by ABS, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control and Brake Assist.
Taking the higher specification items into account, the SR model represents a £950 value saving for customers, when compared to equivalent T3 models. The 1.8 VVT-i petrol and 2.2 D-4D 140 diesel engines are available, with the option of MultiMode transmission with the petrol unit. Prices for the SR start at £16,995, full details are given below.
Verso specification enhancements
Adjustments to the specifications of the core Verso range start with a revised sound system for T2 models that can play digital music files stored on CD. Dual-zone climate control is now a standard feature of T3 models, which also gain a new interior trim in Cascade Black and chrome detailing in the rear number plate surround. T spirit shares the new interior with the T3 versions and is also offered with a new alloy wheel design.
Headlights and rear lamps with a smoked finish are new for the T180 flagship model, which also (together with the T Spirit versions) gains the option of full map satellite navigation with Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free mobile phone operation.
- Verso T2 1.6 VVT-i manual – £14,445
- Verso T2 1.8 VVT-i manual – £15,295
- Verso T2 2.2 D-4D 140 manual – £16,395
- Verso SR 1.8 VVT-i manual – £16,995
- Verso SR 1.8 VVT-i M/M – £17,495
- Verso SR 2.2 D-4D 140 manual – £18,095
- Verso T3 1.8 VVT-i manual – £17,295
- Verso T3 1.8 VVT-i M/M – £17,795
- Verso T3 2.2 D-4D 140 manual – £18,395
- Verso T Spirit 1.8 VVT-i manual – £19,295
- Verso T Spirit 1.8 VVT-i M/M – £19,795
- Verso T Spirit 2.2 D-4D 140 manual – £20,395
- Verso T180 – £21,245