TOYOTA GB PROUD TO PARTNER TEAM GB AND PARALYMPICSGB
Eight-year official partnership with the Great Britain and Northern Ireland teams for the Winter and Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games
Toyota GB is proud to announce its official partnership with Team GB (the British Olympic Association) and ParalympicsGB (the British Paralympic Association).
The eight-year agreement will extend from this year’s Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea, through the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics in summer 2020, the Beijing 2022 Winter Games and Paris 2024 Summer Games.
Andrew Cullis, Toyota GB Marketing Director, said: “Toyota wants to make sustainable mobility accessible for everyone, regardless of age or physical ability. This mission to deliver ever-better mobility for all is at the heart of our brand and resonates with the way in which athletes can inspire people to go further and realise their dreams.
“It is an honour for us to support our national teams as their Official Mobility Partner over a period in which they will be working with utmost commitment and pride to excel in successive winter and summer Olympic and Paralympic Games.”
Start Your Impossible
Toyota GB’s support for the national Olympic and Paralympic teams accords with the spirit of Start Your Impossible, Toyota’s global theme for inspiring the world to move in its role as the Worldwide Mobility Partner of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Toyota respects the Games as the world’s biggest celebration of human movement, where the true power of sports to challenge, inspire and unify people can be learned.
Start Your Impossible reflects the many ways in which sport can bring people together and help them achieve their goals through dedication, team-work and the joy and excitement of competition. At a global level, Toyota is working with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) to help aspiring Olympians and Paralympians reach their dreams, regardless of their circumstances.
High-visibility marketing campaign
The concept of ever-better mobility for all is also central to Toyota’s wide-ranging marketing campaign supporting its Olympic and Paralympic partnership. Designed to amplify the Start Your Impossible theme, it will include original activity and content across TV, print, digital (display, social channels and video) and sponsorships.
Eurosport’s television coverage of the Winter Olympics and Channel 4’s Winter Paralympics coverage will feature Start Your Impossible idents throughout.
Films and images will capture inspiring Start Your Impossible stories, initially focusing on winter sports such as skeleton, para alpine skiing and bobsled. Anthem, the first in a series of four short films, is released this week, with others to follow later in February. The new film can be seen here below.
About the BOA:
The British Olympic Association (BOA) is the National Olympic Committee for Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Its mission is to develop, promote and protect the Olympic Movement in our territory in accordance with the Olympic Charter. The BOA achieves this through:
- Working in partnership with our members and key stakeholders to deliver world-leading services and support to enable British athletes to reach their full potential at the Olympic Games, Olympic Winter Games and other IOC-sanctioned events
- Working in partnership with our members and key stakeholders to provide athletes with relevant support on the journey to, during and following their Olympic careers
- Engaging people throughout the United Kingdom to pursue their very own goals and dreams through the Olympic Values and the example of Team GB Olympians
- Being the independent voice of Olympic Sport and collaborating with our members and other sport stakeholders, both domestically and internationally, to support the continued growth and overall health of the Olympic Movement in the UK
About the British Paralympic Association and ParalympicsGB
The British Paralympic Association is the National Paralympic Committee for the UK, responsible for the promotion of the Paralympic movement in Great Britain and selecting, entering and funding the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Paralympic team.
ParalympicsGB is the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Paralympic Team competing at the summer and winter Paralympic Games. We know that the outstanding performances of our athletes have a powerful impact on the British public and can shift perceptions of disability in society, helping to inspire a better world for disabled people.
Our partners are tremendous supporters of the BPA and ParalympicsGB both through direct funds as well as their own fundraising activity. Further details are available at http://paralympics.org.uk/partners.
About the Paralympic Winter Games:
- ParalympicsGB is set to compete in a record five sports at Pyeongchang 2018 (the previous best was four in 1994 and 1998).
- The sports are: Alpine Skiing, Snowboard, Wheelchair Curling and the two disciplines of Nordic Skiing: Cross Country and Biathlon.
- At Sochi 2014, ParalympicsGB produced multiple personal best performances and won an incredible six medals (one gold, three silver, two bronze).
- The medal haul included a historic first ever Winter gold for Great Britain, won by Kelly Gallagher and her guide Charlotte Evans.
- The three silver and one bronze medals won by Jade Etherington and guide Caroline Powell in alpine skiing made them the most successful winter Paralympic athletes of all time.
- The wheelchair curlers also won an impressive bronze medal in Sochi – returning to the podium for the first time since Turin 2006.
- It was ParalympicsGB’s greatest ever performance at a Winter Games and a best ever finish position of 10th place on the medal table.