New, rugged addition to the Toyota Corolla Touring Sports line-up in partnership with TREK Bicycle:
- Features raised body, side cladding, front and rear underrun, and bespoke 17″ alloy wheels, smart entry, and power rear door with hands-free operation
- Available with 1.8 and 2.0 litre self-charging hybrid powertrains
- 16 Corolla TREKs provided to Trek-Segafredo World Tour cycling teams
Aimed at active families with outdoor lifestyles new Corolla TREK offers a more rugged option to the spacious and efficient Corolla Touring Sports range.
With a 20 mm rise in ride height for greater ground clearance, protective cladding and under-runs front and rear, the versatile Corolla TREK is ideal for people with hobbies and interests that require a vehicle that takes them and their kit right to the heart of the action.
In exterior design, new rugged details stand out; honeycomb front grille, bespoke 17″ machined alloy wheels, rear privacy glass, fog lamps and LED headlamps.
The Corolla TREK, built at Toyota’s plant at Burnaston, Derbyshire, is available only on Touring Sports models reflecting the outdoor spirit of the car and with a choice of 1.8 or 2.0 litre self-charging hybrid powertrains.
On board, the new Corolla TREK features upholstery in two-tone textile material, matching the decorative wood-finish elements of the dashboard. The TREK logo is present in both the door steps and the tailgate.
The new Corolla TREK is fitted with impressive standard equipment, including 7” colour TFT display in the instrument cluster and the latest version of Toyota Safety Sense. It includes a Pre-Collision Safety System with day-time cyclist detection both day and night-time pedestrian detection, full-range Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Trace Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition and Intelligent Auto High Beam. The Corolla TREK is equipped also with a 8-inch TFT infotainment screen.
Toyota Corolla TREK is the result of a collaboration between Toyota and Trek Bicycle. This partnership brings together two brands that share environmental values.
Cementing their partnership, Toyota has signed an agreement with Trek Bicycle, providing Corolla TREK as support vehicles for the Trek-Segafredo World Tour Teams, during European cycle racing events. In total, 16 Corolla TREKs with the 2.0 litre self-charging hybrid powertrain have been provided to Trek-Segafredo.
The first public appearance of the Toyota Corolla TREKs was during the “La Vuelta” race held from 24th August until 15th September.
Trek-Segafredo has two professional teams in its structure:
- Trek-Segafredo Men: UCI WorldTour men’s road cycling team registered in the US, with 24 cyclists of 15 nationalities and competing worldwide from January to October, with more than 250 days of races each season.
- Trek-Segafredo Women: the most recent addition to the UCI Women’s WorldTour, with 13 cyclists from 10 different nations.