UK winners announced in Toyota Dream Car Art competition
Cars that can fly, cars that run on water and a limousine boasting twin hot tubs inside: these were among the many colourful and inventive ideas produced by the winners of the UK section of the Toyota Dream Car Art competition.
The winners’ achievements were celebrated at a recent prize-giving ceremony hosted at Toyota’s head office in Surrey, attended by many of the young artists and their families.
Toyota chairman Naoya Taniguchi presented the winners with their certificates and prizes and told the audience: “The goal of the competition was to create opportunities for children to have fun drawing their dream car of the future. We wanted to see how their imaginations could run wild and inspire creativity.
“Dreams and how we can inspire the young people of tomorrow are very important to Toyota. The subject of ‘future cars’ and future technology is at the heart of our business, which is why we spend more on research and development than any other vehicle manufacturer.”
The event was hosted by John Thomson, Toyota Marketing Director, who said: “This was the first year we held the competition in the UK and it proved very popular with hundreds of entries across each age category. The judging panel was impressed with the level of creativity, originality and, above all, imagination from everyone who entered.”
All fifteen short listed finalists will now go forward to the global competition.
- 1st The 2 in 1 Car, Lochy Gregory, Arrochar, Dunbartonshire
- 2nd Cola Car, Tara Jackson, Luss, Loch Lomond
- 3rd Dream Car, Jenna Campbell, Enniskillen, County Fermanagh
- 4th Fizzararee, Laura Hughes, Enniskillen, County Fermanagh
- 5th The Swimmer, Elisa Dawa
10 to 12 years
- 1st The Future Family Pod, Olivia Forbes, Heighington, Lincoln
- 2nd Dream Car, Olivia Maguire, Enniskillen, County Fermanagh
- 3rd The Toyota Arty Bus Experience, Jake Sutherland, Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire
- 4th Lush Limo, Amy Jackson, Arrochar, Dunbartonshire
- 5th The Eco Pod, Jake Wilson, Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire
13 to 15 years
- 1st A Kar-ra, Kara Chin, Christleton, Chester
- 2nd New Era, Sarah Stirling, Cumbernauld, Glasgow
- 3rd The Bug, Emily Hall, Peterborough
- 4th Toyota Hydrosole, Kalun Bedingfield, Bungay, Suffolk
- 5th Pondera, Thomas Watkins, Maidstone, Kent