- New, top-of-the-range model for Toyota’s super-tough pick-up
- All the features of the Invincible plus multiple new styling options – all included in the vehicle price
- Four 17-inch alloy wheel designs and choice of either a hi-over bar or Style Pack
- Chrome side bars with or without steps and four leather seat upholstery colour-ways
- Available exclusively in Double Cab body style with 3.0-litre D-4D engine, five-speed manual or automatic transmission
- Order books open now, deliveries to customers from late February
- Price from £23,842 (manual model, commercial vehicle on the road, not including VAT).
Toyota’s formidable Hilux gains a new top-of-the-range model this winter in the form of the new Invincible X.
Tough enough to take on the worst of Britain’s rain, snow and ice, this newcomer is not just a Toyota thoroughbred, it’s big on style too with a wealth of stand-out features.
It retains all the go-anywhere qualities that give Hilux its “unbreakable” reputation, but adds a series of new styling elements that can be mixed and matched to create a highly personalised pick-up. All these “extras” are available as no-cost options to maximise customer choice.
To begin with there are four 17-inch alloy wheel designs to choose from: the standard Invincible rim and a new Rica five-spoke in all-black or two-tone black/machined or black/graphite finish.
Chrome tubular side bars are also part of the package, with or without step grips according to preference.
Similarly, customers can opt for a rear hi-over bar, or choose instead to have the Style Pack fitted, adding a front guard, silver-coloured under-run, aluminium-finish scuff plates, chrome door handles and chrome surrounds for the bonnet air intake and rear lamp clusters.
Finally there are four colour-ways for the leather seat upholstery: the standard Invincible black, or custom two-tone black with contrasting seatback and cushion inserts in grey, saddle tan or deep red. The custom designs are additionally embossed with the X logo, while the full black upholstery bears the Invincible name.
Equipment features, shared with the Invincible grade, include sports front seats, climate control, cruise control, dusk-sensing headlights, front fog lights, rear privacy glass, front side, and curtain airbags, Vehicle Stability Control, headlamp cleaners, rear-view camera, alarm, electrically adjustable heated door mirrors and the Toyota Touch 2 touchscreen-controlled multimedia system, with Bluetooth.
The Invincible X is available exclusively in Double Cab form with Toyota’s 169bhp 3.0-litre D-4D diesel engine matched to either five-speed manual or automatic transmission. With permanent four-wheel drive and an auto-disconnecting differential, the Hilux Invincible X is engineered to take on the toughest environments. It also benefits from a 2.8-tonne towing capacity.
The new Hilux Invincible X is available to order now, priced £23,842 for the manual model and £24,842 for the automatic (commercial vehicle on-the-road, not including VAT).