Toyota has announced prices and specifications for its new zero emission Mirai fuel cell saloon, confirming a 24 per cent reduction in the on-the-road price to £49,995 for the entry-level Design variant, with business contract hire rates starting from £435 per month* (excluding VAT).
Toyota’s second generation Mirai takes hydrogen technology to a higher level, with a new fuel cell powertrain that weighs almost half that found in the original model. The redesigned powertrain and the use of Toyota’s GA-L platform have allowed for significant improvements to aerodynamics, dynamic performance and packaging, with a lower, wider stance delivering a responsive and refined ride. The addition of a third fuel tank results in a 30 per cent increase in range, rising from around 300 to approximately 400 miles.
UK sales have now started, with reservations accepted prior to customer deliveries beginning later this year.
Model range and specifications
Mirai is available in three variants: Design, Design Plus Pack and Design Premium Pack. All are equipped, as standard, with the latest generation Toyota Safety Sense. This provides a series of active safety and driver assistance systems designed to help prevent many common accident risks and provide superior protection to driver and passengers, should an impact happen.
Mirai Design features include:
- 19in silver alloy wheels
- Toyota Safety Sense
- 12.3in multimedia display with navigation
- Smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 14-speaker JBL Premium Sound System with DAB and Bluetooth
- Reversing camera
- 8in colour multi-information display
- Remote dual-zone air conditioning with humidifying Nanoe air purifier
- Driver and front passenger heated seats
- Heated, power-adjustable and retractable door mirrors
Mirai Design Plus Pack adds:
- Synthetic leather seats
- Front parking sensors, rear intelligent parking sensors with rear cross traffic alert and auto brake
- Panoramic View Monitor
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Reverse tilt, memory function and puddle lights on door mirrors
Mirai Design Premium Pack builds on the Design Plus Pack specification with the following:
- 20in black alloy wheels
- Semi-aniline leather
- Driver and front passenger ventilated seats
- Heated and ventilated outer rear seats
- Teammate Advanced Park
- Digital rear-view mirror
- Toyota Skyview panoramic roof with powered sunshade
- Black bi-tone roof
- Full colour head up display
- Power adjustable, heated steering wheel with memory function
- Triple-zone automatic air conditioning
Prices for the new Mirai are as follows:
|Mirai Design||£49,995||£435pm (exc VAT)|
|Mirai Design Plus Pack||£53,995||£450pm (exc VAT)|
|Mirai Design Premium Pack||£64,995||£609pm (exc VAT)|
A full suite of media assets, including a press kit with technical and equipment specifications, high-resolution images and video footage are now available to view and download at the Toyota UK media website here.
*Terms and conditions apply. See toyota.co.uk for full details.