Disabled motorists and their families can find out everything they need to know about Motability at a ‘One Big Day’ summer event and Toyota will be supporting with vehicles for display and test drive. Taking place at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire on Saturday 4th June visitors will be able to walk round static displays of the Yaris, Auris and Verso models, with a further Auris available to test drive.
Hosted by Motability, the company that provides worry-free cars, scooters and powered wheelchairs for disabled people, the One Big Day events have taken place each summer for the past three years. Over 12,000 people to date have enjoyed access to free test drives, advice and information from Motability at similar events, with the 2011 One Big Days set to attract record numbers. Stoneleigh Park is one of five taking place throughout the UK in 2011.
The Stoneleigh Park One Big Day event offers disabled people the opportunity to meet representatives from Toyota as well as Motability advisors first hand along with the chance to test drive a Toyota Auris 1.33 TR.
Specialists from Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs) and adaptation companies will also be on hand to provide demonstrations and expert guidance.
The Stoneleigh Park One Big Day event takes place on Saturday 4th June from 10am – 4pm. Full details on all the Motability One Big Day events can be found at www.motability.co.uk/onebigday or by calling 0800 953 7000.
Information for editors:
- Motability is the UK’s leading car scheme for disabled people. It provides affordable, convenient, worry-free motoring to over 570,000 disabled customers and their families. Scooters and powered wheelchairs can also be leased through Motability.
- The Scheme is available to anyone who receives the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement. Customers simply transfer their mobility allowance to Motability to lease a car, powered wheelchair or scooter.
- Customer benefits for those leasing a car include a choice of over 4,000 brand new cars, insurance for two named drivers, servicing and maintenance, full RAC breakdown assistance, tyre and windscreen replacement and 60,000 mileage allowance over three years. A range of popular car adaptations are also available at no additional cost.
- Customer benefits for those leasing a scooter or powered wheelchair include an affordable and wide range of choices, standard pricing nationwide, insurance, breakdown assistance, servicing, maintenance and repairs and tyre and battery replacement.
- The Scheme is directed and overseen by Motability, a national charity, which also provides financial assistance to customers, who would otherwise be unable to afford the mobility solution they need.
- Motability Operations is the not-for profit public company, that operates the Motability Car Scheme and the Motability Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme, under contract to Motability.