- Toyota Touch & Go leads enhancements across the Toyota range
- Further specification improvements for Verso & RAV4
- Auto Trader award for Toyota website
- Diesel particulate filter for Euro 5-compliant engine in Dyna truck
Toyota Touch & Go added to Verso, Auris and RAV4 specification for 2012
The Toyota Touch touchscreen control and Toyota Touch & Go multimedia and navigation system are being introduced in further Toyota models for 2012.
In each case the addition of the new features is made with no increase in the car’s on-the-road price.
Toyota Touch & Go uses the Toyota Touch central 6.1-inch touchscreen for audio and satellite navigation control. The system also provides advanced Bluetooth for hands-free phone use, phonebook downloads and music streaming, and there is a USB port for connecting digital music players such as iPods.
Registration via a dedicated Toyota web portal will give the driver access to a range of useful information services such as fuel prices, weather reports and parking information, accessed using Google local search, together with applications downloads and upgrades. The package also includes a rear-view camera which relays real-time images to the control screen for safer and easier parking manoeuvres.
Toyota Touch and Go key features: –
- 6.1-inch touchscreen
- Six-speaker audio system
- Pan-European satellite navigation
- Motorway-style signposting
- Eco-route option
- Driver can enter and store personal points of interest (POI)
- Stop-over function (route navigation resumes after a break in a journey, such as an overnight hotel stop)
- Detailed live traffic information
- Speed limit and safety camera warnings
- SMS/text message sending and receipt
- Connection via Bluetooth and compatible mobile phone to Google Local Search and downloadable applications*
- Rear-view camera
- Phone book integration with pictures of contacts displayed on-screen.
- Audio streaming from iPods and other portable music players
- iPod album cover display
* Requires a Bluetooth compatible phone with data connection enabled and tethering permitted by the mobile network operator. Connection requires customer log-in via the Toyota customer portal.
Further specification improvements for Verso and RAV4
New upholstery designs have been introduced for the 2012 Verso, with a blue fleck fabric for TR models and a grey check with grey leather seat bolsters for the T Spirit. TR and T Spirit versions gain two new exterior metallic paint options: Deep Titanium and Aspen Grey. The 2012 Toyota Verso, available in five and seven-seat versions, is on sale now.
New alloy wheel designs have been introduced for the 2012 RAV4 XTR and SR models, with both 17 and 18-inch wheels featuring a dark anthracite finish. XTR grade also gains a smart entry and start system for keyless vehicle locking/unlocking and engine start-up.
Toyota wins award for environmental website
The environmental section of Toyota’s website is the winner of a 2011 Auto Trader Click Award for its clear, informative and user-friendly quality. The judging panel based its decision with the help of feedback from consumers, which demonstrated the effectiveness of the site in communicating Toyota’s environmental mission and achievements.
The award for Best Communication of Environmental Credentials is further independent acknowledgement of Toyota’s world-leading environmental profile; in July 2011 the company was named the “World’s Greenest Brand” in the annual survey by the global brand management specialist Interbrand.
Dyna becomes Euro 5-compliant with DPF
For the 2012 model year a diesel particulate filter (DPF) has been added to the 3.0-litre D-4D diesel engine in the Toyota Dyna light truck. As a result, engine emissions now meet Euro 5 standards.
Maximum power has been increased from 134 to 142bhp (106kW) and there are modest improvements in CO2 emissions and fuel economy.