- Further expansion to the GR Sport model portfolio in Europe
- Tuned suspension and enhanced body rigidity for a more responsive, comfortable and engaging drive
- Bespoke 18-inch alloy wheels with machined red decal lines, G-motif mesh grille and new rear diffuser design
- Available with model-specific Dynamic Grey exterior paint finish
- Cabin features red stitching on new cloth seat upholstery, steering wheel and gear shift trim, gun metal grey trim accents and GR Sport logos
- Optional Ultrasuede™ seat upholstery and integrated seat heaters
- Available in Europe during the second quarter of 2022
Toyota today revealed the new Yaris GR Sport, the latest addition to the multi-award-winning Yaris family. It joins the Yaris hatchback, the 2021 European Car of the Year and the performance-focused, World Rally-inspired GR Yaris, winner of many awards, including a coveted 2021 Golden Steering Wheel in Germany.
The Yaris GR Sport is available with Toyota’s 1.5-litre self-charging hybrid electric powertrain. The front and rear suspension systems have been upgraded with the shock absorbers optimised to react quicker at lower speeds, improving steering response and ride comfort. The rear springs have been tuned to suppress body tilt or wheel lift under acceleration and braking.
The car’s body rigidity has been strengthened with additional underfloor bracing on each side, improving handling and stability. Aerodynamic performance has also been addressed with additional liners in the front and rear wheel arches to reduce drag.
The Yaris GR Sport is fitted with bespoke 18-inch alloy wheels, distinguished by red accent lines that reinforce the model’s Gazoo Racing association. The front grille has a new mesh design featuring a “G” motif pattern and at the rear there is a new T-shaped rear diffuser.
Customers have the option of a new Dynamic Grey exterior paint finish that’s exclusive to the model.
The Gazoo Racing theme continues in the cabin with GR logos on the steering wheel, headrests, starter button and driver’s instrument display.
The seats have a new cloth upholstery with red accent stitching; there is also the option of Ultrasuede™, combined with integrated seat heaters. Red stitchwork is also featured on the perforated leather steering wheel trim and gear shift.
There is new GR Sport-exclusive gun metal silver trim on the door panels, side air vents and steering wheel.
The Toyota Yaris GR Sport will be available in Europe during the second quarter of 2022. Details of UK model specifications will be announced nearer the on-sale date.